Crazy for Kale Giveaway!
![]() |
| Photo by Hallie Klecker |
Sure, we all know about kale being great in caesar salads and fabulous as crunchy chips. If you've been around this blog long enough, I'm sure I have you putting kale in your smoothies and encouraging kids to drink it as well. I've even been known to make kale into chocolate smoothies (a must-have for any sugar cravings!) and baked into chocolate kale chips.
But geeze, now someone has gone and put kale in a brownie. (In a brownie, people!) That's my kind of dessert!
That someone is my blogger friend Hallie Klecker. Hallie writes at Daily Bites and is a professional recipe developer, author, and gluten-free foodie. Hallie just released her newest e-book, Crazy for Kale, and I wanted to share it with you because I love the concept of a cookbook focused entirely on kale! I get so many requests from readers asking for recipe suggestions and exciting ways to cook greens so they taste flavorful, not bland. I love Hallie's creativity for finding ways to incorporate greens into various dishes and I think you will too.
One of my favorite parts of the book is that she starts it with a "kale primer" and gives all of the background information you need to know about purchasing kale, the health benefits, storage, and prep. Her book contains 40 wholesome recipes that feature kale in everything from snacks to salads to entrees and desserts. All of the recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free. She also has plenty of grain-free and vegan options (as well as non-vegan options).
Some of my favorite recipes include her kale walnut pesto, green monster milkshake, kale in almond cream sauce, tropical asian fusion salad, and of course, her chocolate buckwheat brownies with "milk" chocolate icing (pictured above). You can find out more info about the book here.
I was so excited about Crazy for Kale that I wanted to offer a FREE copy to one lucky reader! If you've been wanting to experiment more with kale, or are just looking for some new ways to enjoy your favorite veggie, this giveaway is for you!
To enter: This contest is open to everyone! Please use the Rafflecopter below for up to 5 chances to win. The giveaway will close on Tuesday, May 7th and the winner will be chosen randomly. Good luck!
P.S. There are only a few days left to sign up for Conscious Money, Conscious Eating happening on Wednesday, May 8th. If you've been struggling with how to save money, create delicious and healthy meals, and are just in need of some dinner inspiration, I hope you can join me for this exclusive webinar. More details here!



75 Comments:
I'd love to enter- I have just started to cook better, and have been using Kale a lot- this could be really cool!
I've been on a diet recently and I'd love to have a cookbook with more ideas, especially when using kale!
Rebecca
I didn't see the question before I commented. The only thing I've used kale in so far is a juice from my juicer.
I haven't used Kale in anything besides salad but I've been dying to make kale chips...and NOW kale brownies! Would love to win this =)
I'd love to enter!
My favorite Kale recipe is definitely Kale chips! dehydrated. OR Kale salad with avocado smashed :) I love kale smoothies too. too many kale recipes that area awesome.
My husband actually calls me Aegi Kale (aegi is baby in korean). that's how much I love kale :)
I adore kale! This book is what culinary dreams are made of!
I have used it in salad, smoothies, baked dishes and oatmeal! I love it so much sometimes I eat it plain.
I love kale & pear smoothies, as well as any massaged salad! This would be awesome to win!
The only thing I've used kale in is smoothies, but I love kale chips! Have to buy them though as I don't have a dehydrator and they don't seem to work as well in the oven. Kale in brownies sounds interesting! Kim
I haven't branched out too much with kale as I love it in salads- The Whole Foods site has a delicious "kale waldorf salad" which is to die for: think kale, celery,apple and raisins coated in a creamy walnut dressing. So good.
The e-book sounds fabulous. love giveaways open to us non-US folk! Thank you.
Raw kale salads are my favourite... but totally tempted by this brownie. :)
I'm always on the look out of new ways to incorporate kale into our meals so I would LOVE a copy of this ebook. It sounds fantastic!
My current favourite kale recipe is sweet kale soup with ginger and miso. The addition of a sweet potato gives it a silky smooth texture and adds a hint of sweetness, while the ginger & miso add a wondeful savoury flavour. It's been a great way to get my little boy to eat a big pile of kale. He absolutely loves this soup and takes it to school in a flask for his lunch!
I LOVE making roasted kale chips for snacking, but I was just introduced to Kale Caesars and that may just be a new fave!
This is amazing!!! I thought black beans was going too far in brownies. I am for SURE putting Kale in mine now too!
I love kale in salads and smoothies, but I am interested in checking out this book to find more exciting things to do with kale too ^_^ Thanks for the contest ... fingers crossed
Love, love, love kale. I ate it my favorite way last night - sauteed with garlic and olive oil!
I'm always looking for new ways to add kale to my diet...I do smoothies, soups, and salads, but I haven't tried desserts yet!
massaged kale salads!
I love making kale chips with olive oil, salt and pepper, it is our favorite way of eating kale by far! (and that includes an 11 year old!)
Ana
I eat Kale every single day in my lunch salad. I like a combination of kale, spinach, arugula and cilantro. Then top with Walnuts, raisins and apple-cider vinegar dressing. It's a little bit of healthy heaven every day.
Just started using kale recently and made my first batch of Pamesean Kale chips yesterday. They were so good right from the oven that I couldn't stop eating them!! Thanks for the chance to win this book! Having 2 members of my family with Celiac's I'm always looking for new healthy gluten free recipes and those brownies look amamzing!
i've been trying to eat a lot more leafy greens lately--this cookbook sounds like it could help me achieve my goal! awesome!
Would love to win this! My favourite way to eat Kale is still the tried and true Kale Chips....
I love Kale and make chips for my kids all the time
Oh my, there are so many. Recently I've been enjoying kale slaw with broccoli & a homemade walnut pesto. It's so amazing!
I would really enjoy this book & use it often!
I love kale! Salads, smoothies, soups, sauteed with olive oil and garlic, and kale chips. I bought a dehydrator to make my own kale chips. Never thought to put it in desserts. Would love new ways to make one of my favorite veggies!
I love to make chocolate kale chips
I'm new to using kale, so this cookbook would be a great way for me to explore all the ways kale can be eaten. That chocolate kale smootie that was mentioned above looks like it would taste amazing. I think i'm going to try that one tonight!
i <3 kale! always lookin for new recipes!
The simple easy Kale Chips (I put chili on mine)... love it with a warm cup of coffee. But I'm just going to have to try this, they look great!
I love garlicky kale from whole foods!
I like kale stirfried with carmelized onions and garlic.
I love Kale salad chopped very fine with shredded carrots and pumpkin seeds. Vinaigrette dressing. Maybe a little dried cranberry.
best kale recipe: sensually (haha, just kidding) massaged kale salad! Add lemon to soft the kale...then add tomatoes, salt, pepper, avocado...and BOOM!
thank you for doing this giveaway!
-zosia
I love adding kale to my smoothies or just sauteing it in a little olive oil with garlic and some lemon juice. I love kale chips but haven't had a ton of luck making them at home
Love your blog, love kale!
I have a kale,black grape,green apple,cilantro, cucumber,celery and coconut water smoothie that I love!
I like to keep it pretty simple. My favorite kale is Red Russian. I usually begin by sauting some onions and garlic, when they are pretty well carmelized, I deglaze the pan with white wine and then throw the kale on top and cover the pan and let it steam until the kale is tender. I just season it with a little sea salt and crushed red pepper. So good! I am actually trying to grow kale for the first time, fingers crossed I can keep it alive, my track record with plant life is not very good :)!
I like all kale and coerce my 2 y/o to consume it daily! I love trying kale in new ways!
My current favorite kale recipe is sauteed kale with walnut sauce!
I love kale raw in salads and smoothies and sautéed. Beyond that, I am out of ideas! This cookbook would be a great addition to my arsenal!
My favorite kale recipe is a kale and quinoa pilaf from the website Food52. I also love adding kale to your miso soup with vegetables recipe! I love your blog, the recipes are amazing!
I love kale chips! I also love kale in my smoothies!
I love kale in smoothies, massaged kale salad and kale chips! Thanks for the giveaway. -- Sarina @ Earthgiven Kitchen
I love simple sauteed Kale, and enjoy it almost everyday! I would love to expand my repertoire :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
I can never pick favorites when it comes to cooking with such a beloved ingredient as kale! I love making a kale waldorf salad, baked with eggs, or in soups (especially this simple, spicy, hearty kale, tomato, white bean stew I make mostly in winter). Juice and smoothies are always great too!
A salad with kale is what I most enjoy.
Kale spicy chips...
My niece found a great way to make a kale salad much better. She massages the leaves with olive oil which breaks down the toughness and it becomes delicious! Add a little lemon and fresh herbs, cranberries, walnuts and edamame and you've an incredibly tasty little salad.
I love Kale sooooooo many ways, but I most often have it in a homemade smoothie or I juice it.
Very excited to try those chocolate kale chips!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I love kale chips but have not made them yet!
I love kale smoothies!! Especially with parsley and mangos!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I did not like kale at all until recently. I now love kale smoothies, kale stir-fried, kale in salads. I can't get enough of it - it makes me feel so good and so full of energy. Yum!!
I like putting it in Smoothies with frozen mango, banana, and pineapple :)
I have never eaten kale yet - we are vegetarians but don't eat enough vegetables, kale scares me!
African stew is a great recipe for kale,I lovekale chips as well and put it in green smoothies. The book sounds fabulous. Thanks for the opportunity :)
Genevieve
Ps love the sound of those kale brownies .....mmmmm.....
WOW...this is fantastic! Love kale every which way to Sunday (ha, ha, couldn't resist!), but have never seen it in a dessert like this. I must make! And I MUST get this cookbook!!!!
Loving Kale Green Smoothie, yum!
It's a toss up between smoothie recipes and a grilled portobello mushroom with a kale topping.
I would ***love*** to try the kale brownies, especially since they are gluten free and dairy free. Yes please!
Kale is the most versatile vegetable! :)
I often stay away from produce I'm not familiar with since I don't know how to tell if it's ripe, going bad, etc. I love that I would be able to take that fear out of buying Kale with this!
Kale brownies sound great! I've made kale chips and smoothies. Can't wait for the class!
I eat raw Kale salad everyday for lunch!! I <3 Kale! So excited about this book.
Huge fan of massaged kale salads and in smoothies :)
I'm living in Zambia and people here love Kale too! I grow my own in my garden and love to serve lightly salted baked Kale chips to the kiddos that come by. They are a great snack to keep on hand and never seem to last too long :)
I have just started eating kale.. in salads, and everyday I put some in the blender w/ whatever smoothie or juice combos I'm doing...I love the hint on massaging it first,I will try that today.I am trying my best to eat healthy for myself and family.Purchasing much more fruits and vegs.I am going to different sites for fresh ideas to keep me interested and to continue in my new life style changes..Thank you for the great info and recipes you are sharing:)
Thus far pan sauteed for me & my 18 mo. old LOVES her kale chips :)
would love this book for the kale brownies alone!
I'd love to have a cookbook with more ideas, especially when using kale!
Its great to see this all.I have never eaten kale yet - we are vegetarians
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home