For the Love of Food: Numi Organics Savory Tea Giveaway

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Numi Organics Savory Tea Giveaway

Photo by Numi
If you've been a reader of this blog for awhile, you've probably noticed that I am a big fan of two things: vegetables and tea. It is for this reason today that I am ecstatic to share my latest and greatest discovery with you: savory tea. 

What the heck is savory tea? I'm so glad you asked! 

Savory Tea is essentially savory blends of veggies combined with spices and tea infusions to create a soothing, comforting beverage. I know it sounds a little strange at first, but stick with me here because your entire world is about to change. 

I was recently contacted by Numi and asked if I was interested in trying their new Savory Tea blends: broccoli cilantro, carrot curry, fennel spice, beet cabbage, spinach chive, and tomato mint. My answer? Absolutely. You had me at broccoli cilantro. 

Over the past month I've been testing these out and let me tell you: I am in love. Living in Seattle means I am subjected to many cold, rainy grey days and I often drink a lot of tea just to stay warm and help me cope with the weather. What I loved about these blends is that they have the same comforting feeling as a hot cup of soup, but are just as easy to prepare as tea. 

I will admit that at first it was a little strange to have a savory cup of tea because I'm used to sweeter blends like rooibus or my mate chai. However, once I knew what to expect, I began to find myself craving these, especially in the late afternoon when I typically want a snack. I don't think these are filling enough to use as a meal replacement, but they did help with cravings. These were also fabulous for traveling because they were convenient to have on-the-go since all you need is hot water to brew them.






footer.png


I was so impressed with the teas that I asked the nice people at Numi if they'd be willing to let me host a giveaway so I could share these with all of you. I'm happy to announce that 5 lucky readers will get a chance to sample some savory teas of their own!


To enter: you must have a US mailing address (sorry to my international readers!) and use the Rafflecopter below for up to 4 chances to win.  The giveaway will close on Monday, April 1st and the winner will be chosen randomly.  Good luck!

The giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who entered!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At March 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had ME at beet cabbage!

 
At March 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look amazing! I really hope I win. Do they taste at all like v-8 or a veggie juice?

 
At March 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit said...

I've never seen these savory teas. What a different concept. I'd love to give them a try! :D

 
At March 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM , Blogger coconutandberries said...

Wow, how interesting. As a fellow tea and vegetable fan I bet I'd love these. Will have to look for something similar in the UK.

 
At March 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous Angela Yeremenko said...

I have never seen or heard of savory teas. I wonder what the tomato mint tastes like? :)

 
At March 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Sonnet said...

Since these are hot, they taste more like soup broth than a veggie juice. :)

 
At March 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So excited. I've done savory versions of tea with mixed results for years. Glad that the experts at Numi have perfected a few so I can just sit back and sip!

You mentioned a giveaway. What are the details of the contest?

 
At March 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM , Blogger rjh121 said...

I haven't been able to find these ANYWHERE online yet! Thank you for the opportunity to try them!! Carrot curry and fennel spice sound fascinating!

 
At March 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah! Found the details! Thank you so much!

Hard to choose between the fennel and the carrot flavours!

 
At March 26, 2013 at 6:59 AM , Anonymous Nicole @ Healthy Way to Cook said...

I've never heard of these either, but I'd love to try them!

 
At March 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM , Blogger glowramia said...

Ohh goddness! As a tea lover, especially for unusual flavors, this is getting me so excited. REALLY hope I get the chance to try my choice out! :D

 
At March 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Miachel @ Spiced Curiosity said...

Dang, thanks! What a neat tea giveaway.

 
At March 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mh as i am not on twitter i do not seem to be able to take part. fennel is the best i know it from my childhood and it would have been a nice memory of my native country (because we drank it the same like peppermint, camomille or what ever). fennel cures everything! i like your blog will try the easter menu even without tea ;-) happy easter!

laura

 
At March 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM , Blogger bre said...

Oh my, these sound so yummy!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home